A Strategy for Setting up Every day for Success
Whirlwind Achievers continue to redefine business and / or professional success by working on their game plan daily. If there is one common theme about becoming a Whirlwind Achiever, it is understanding the importance of recognizing everyday success. The key word here is: recognizing. It has everything to do with vision, the belief system, mindset and how they each work together.
Whirlwind Achievers have learned how to become their own personal coach. This is done by setting up each day as an exercise routine by dividing it into five parts to create a competitive challenge.
• They have learned how to set goals that take them from one point in life to another daily. How you start off each day has a lot to do with how it will end. Therefore, the focus here of one point in life to another is by establishing reference points for daily goals. One point is how each day begins. The other is how it ends, or better yet, how you want it to end. Remember, every day we are given the gift of time and in order to be successful, one must master-self within its borders. Setting up reference points before starting the daily journey, is like stretching before beginning a strenuous exercise routine. Your things-to-do list converts into a power tool to help you work up a good sweat. Are you excited and looking forward to working out?! This is part one of your day.
• They have learned how to develop mental toughness. Acquiring the discipline to become your own personal coach is demanding. That’s why it’s called The Challenge of Change. Athletes understand the importance of having a competitive nature and the importance of will power. However, anyone can develop these skill sets. Athletes train every day, even during the off season, to maintain their competitive nature. A competitive nature and will power are needed for professional success. Creating these skill sets, until they become part of a lifestyle, is challenging. The emphasis at Whirlwind U for professional development is on individual training to help create the mindset of an achiever. This personal training is for staying motivated…no matter what. Don’t assume. People who work out every day have made personal training a lifestyle. Implementing the exercise routine, or working on your-things-to-do list, is part two of your day.
- Changing perspective begins the process of changing the mindset. Making the day a competitive challenge develops a competitive nature. Are you mentally tough enough to handle it? The expectation of yourself should always exceed the expectations of others. So every day…bring it!
• They have learned the importance and power of Reflection. This is the cooling down period. This part during the day is what I call “healing the human spirit.” Reflecting is the part during the day when performance is evaluated to make adjustments. This immediately follows the cooling down period, and when thoughts are their freshest. Don’t miss out on this opportunity. Good ideas are always ready to be released, but are just like vapor; if they are no longer recognized, or written down, they will soon fade away. Evaluate what needs to go on tomorrow’s list and what needs to come off. As you become more aware of your decision-making process, avoid making commitments or appointments with yourself, that are not important enough to keep. This helps to avoid becoming a procrastinator. This is part three of your day.
• They have learned the importance of Personal Time. This part during the day is reserved for things outside of work. Family time; workout time; personal time…you decide. The key here is seeing the value in everything. This is part four of your day.
• They have learned the Power of Rest: Sleep Time is not just the part during the day to take a break from it all. The mind should be well rested before retiring for the day. Don’t go to bed worrying about what didn’t get done and wake up feeling stressed. That’s why cooling down and taking the time to reflect are so important. Breathe life into both the beginning and ending of each day. This is part five of your day.
Remember, anyone can experience success, every day, not everyone chooses to.
Enjoy life. Life is worth living.